Phoenix, modern & minimalist news portal Free Download
Phoenix is a modern news portal. It contains an extremely powerful and functional admin panel, where you can nanage news, categories, pages, users, comments and the whole application. Phoenix is greatly documented and built on Laravel 4 framework and Bootstrap 3. Application uses two templates and both are fully responsive.
– Guests can browse the website, but may not comment on articles.
– Guests can be an “User” if they decide to register and get their account.
– Users can login or logout to the system.
– Users can comment on articles.
– Users can use their own control panel, which supports features like: change password, remove my comments.
– Admin can delete or create articles (news) and crop images before posting for maximum bandwidth optimisation/image quality across all devices. Admin can add articles into 3 different sections on main website: flash slider, headline area and main slider. They all have different cropping aspect ratios.
– Admin can create, edit, delete or select different hover colors for categories. (Articles will be posted under categories.)
– Admin can create and delete unlimited amount of pages, where you can write HTML or use WYSIWYG editor.
– Admin can manage, create, delete, ban or unban users.
– Admin can approve, disapprove, massapprove or delete user comments.
– Admin can change website settings, this includes: changing logo, changing copyright message, enabling automatic approving of comments, changing Facebook widget URL
– They are users whom are blocked by admin.
– They can not login or use user features.
– They can be unbanned by admin and become an user again.
Want to take Phoenix for a test flight?
I really appreciate any kind of comments. Have an improvement idea? Share it! I’ll be glad to assist you.
Version 1.4 – 15.04.2014
Turkish documentation/Turkce dokumantasyon: phoenix.anilunal.com/docs/turkce.html
- Phoenix has been made multilingual! - Phoenix now supports Turkish language officially. - Documentation now supports both English and Turkish languages. - Widget management has been added. You can create HTML, Image, Gif, Flash or Adsense widgets to the sidebar. - Top level navigation bar has been updated with icons and looks much better. - Footer level navigation bar has been updated to look similar to top level navigation. - Responsiveness has been increased drastically. Phoenix now looks much better on smartphones. - Login page has been revamped completely. - You can now add Google Analytics code on Settings Management. - account URL is changed to profile. - Animations to homepage has been added. - Animations run when they're visible to screen. - Custom 404 page has been added. You no longer get error pages. - A minor Facebook connect bug has been fixed. - A minor user public profile page bug has been fixed. - Update link is removed from admin panel. Now you need to browse URL manually. - Demo content (seeds) has been improved. - Settings has been improved. - Dashboard has been improved. - Documentation link has been added to Admin Menu. - Users can change application language by clicking on globe icon. - CSS files has been improved. - News detail page has been improved. - Application architecture has been updated slightly. - Updating guideliness in now written in both English and Turkish. - Documentation has been updated with new images and information. - Documentation has been updated to reflect application changes. Updating from 1.3.1 to 1.4 - Please check `phoenix/docs/updating` folder for the instructions.
Version 1.3.1 – 12.04.2014 (update: c912b11)
- Pinterest button now takes image and description of the news. - Wide slider's button positioning has been fixed. - Phoenix now install demo content to your website. (fresh installs only) - Installer has been made more reliant. - Documentation has been updated to reflect changes. Updating from 1.3 to 1.3.1 - Please check `phoenix/docs/updating` folder for the instructions.
Version 1.3 – 18.03.2014 (update: 7cd9e88)
- Installer has been improved. - Facebook connect feature has been added. - Fixed a bug where it was giving an error while trying to change contact email, phone and address. - Contact page can now show Google Maps, which can be changed on Settings Management. - Documentation has been updated to reflect changes. Updating from 1.2 to 1.3 - Please check `phoenix/docs/updating` folder for the instructions.
Version 1.2 – 02.03.2014 (update: f6cf1f9)
- Improvement: Phoenix installer has been improved. - Now supports importing dummy data when you install your application. - Now supports updating. - Now supports both Turkish and English languages. - Fixed a small bug where email, phone and address couldn't be changed via admin panel. - Widgets no longer move left when there is not enough content on the main page. - Facebook widget no longer exceeds it's container. - New feature: Admins can now edit news. - Cropping for x3, x4 and headline is removed. You only need to crop only once now. - News cards are improved. They now adapt themself to the container width automatically. - Main slider has been improved. - News page has been improved. - Social area (share buttons) look much better now. - Now supports Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. - News image no longer leaves spaces on the left and right side. - Embed codes, such as youtube and dailymotion, now automatically become responsive. - Navigation is slightly improved. - Bug fix: Cropping images will no longer go out of the box if the image is too small. - Font awesome has been added. - Performance has been improved slightly. Updating from 1.1 to 1.2 - Please check `phoenix/docs/updating` folder for the instructions.
Version 1.1 – 17.01.2014 (update: cc9b648)
- A new feature: Phoenix installer has been added. You can now use the installer to install your application. - Changing webroot folder is no longer a requirement. - Phoenix now works on root folder by default. - Importing SQL backup has been removed. - Installer now freshly installs your database, instead of importing a previous backup. - Fixed a small bug where HTML posts would not appear on page and news detail pages. - Documentation has been updated to reflect 1.1 changes. Updating from 1.0 to 1.1: 1. Overwrite previous files. You can keep your "config" folder. 2. Browse your website, installer should run by default. (optional) 3. If you previously had database imported, you do not need to run installer. Simply go to app/storage/install.txt and change "false" value to "true".
- Initial release.