Green Olive–Stylish Blog and Portfolio Free Download
Green Olive WordPress theme
Please remove ThemeForest frame to view the demo in normal proportion!
Green Olive is simple in use, classic WordPress theme created for those users who want to set up simple clean website with blog and/or portfolio of works. Theme comes with set of page templates and two CPTs: Portfolio and Testimonials which can be either used or omitted (depends on website owner’s needs).
- Home Page
- Contact with PHP contact form
- Coming Soon
- 404 Page Not Found
- Two default pages: with sidebar and full-width
- Blog Archive
- Multiple page templates
- 2 Custom Post Types: Portfolio and Testimonials
- Working contact form (php)
- 1 level submenu
- Theme options via Dashboard–Customise
- Several custom plugins (CPTs)
- CSS transitions, mobile navigation sliding panel
- Based on default WP functionality, no page builders, no third-party plugins
- Translation ready, accessibility partially ready
- RTL languages ready
- Scales from 2560px screen down to 320px screens
Theme comes with RTL stylesheet. You will need just to download WordPress version in RTL language (Arabic, Hebrew) and specific RTL stylesheet will do the job.
CPTs or Custom Post Types
Theme comes with 2 CPTs wrapped in plugins. Once you install and activate these plugins you will see them on the left side in Dashboard menu (marked with colouful icons):
CPT allows to create a set of specific (typically united by certain subject) posts unrelated to main blog posts. If CPTs were a part of the theme, by switching the theme you would lose the content of CPT posts. But, once CPTs are wrapped in plugin you may be quiet about your content. Switch the theme whenever you will feel the necessity but take my plugins to another theme and you will never lose your content.
What if you wish to customise or modify the theme?
Majority of things you might be wanting to change/replace in the theme, you may customise via Dashboard–Customiser without touching the code. Here is a screenshot of theme options (detailed description of what and how to use you will find in Help file):
However, if you wish to modify theme pages layout, colours, blocks of content, rearrange blocks, replace things, remove features and so on you should know (more or less) css, html, js and WP php.
Theme is checked with W3 HTML validator (no errors) and with Theme Check (passed the tests).
- Tested on WP 3.9, WP 4.0, WP 4.2.3
- Tested on all major browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, IE)
- Tested on iMac, Windows and iPhone 4S
- Fits all screen resolutions from 2560 px down to 320 px (minor issues are expectable on 320 px screens)
- Translation ready (comes with text domain)
- Accessibility partially ready
- Tested with W3 validator
- Tested with Theme Check
- Tested with Theme Unit
- Fonts: , ,
- Icons: ,
- Images: Library Congress (not included)
- HTML entities / characters by:
What is included into theme pack?
- “main-files” folder: theme folder, Help folder, demo content xml, “green-olive-child”
- “green-olive” folder: installable folder with all required theme files
- Note: images used in demo are not included!