Split – Responsive WordPress Magazine Theme Free Download
Split is a responsive high resolution magazine, news & blog theme. With a unique split-in-half layout, articles stand out.
- Sticky article title and image
– Article title, image and social share links are always visible as you scroll down to read more.
- Related posts & post nav
– Motivate your readers to explore more articles on your website with related posts and links to previous and next article.
- Footer ads
– Prepared footer widget area for leaderboard ads can be enabled.
- 100% High resolution
– Awesome sharpness on retina screens and other high resolution devices. No compromise anywhere.
- Ultra responsive
– This theme will scale down beautifully from a full hd resolution down to a low resolution mobile phone.
- Post formats
– Easily show video, audio, image and gallery sliders with the most used post formats available.
- Extensive styling options
– Set any of unlimited accent colors for the theme and other specified areas in seconds.
- Unlimited widget areas
– There is no limit to how many widget sidebars you can create. Each widget area can be assigned to a unique page, post or standard WP sections.
- Almost zero images
– With Font Awesome, CSS and a modern flat look this theme manages to load only a few images total for the whole layout, depending on layout choice.
- Set the website max-width
– You choose how wide you want your website to be via the admin panel. With a neat numeric slider, it’s one click away.
- 0-4 Footer widget columns
– Use anything from no footer widgets all the way up to 4 columns. A personal favourite is 3 columns for good space on all devices.
- Font selection
– Choose from a list of some good-looking fonts supplied via Google Fonts. Latin Extended and Cyrillic options included.
- Social links
– Easily add your own social links to your header and footer. Use any of 605 icons. Set a unique color for each if you want.
- Integrated share counts
– Sharrre is inlcuded which gives you high-res share buttons and counts for each article. Not a fan of social media? Just disable them.
- Flexible layout options
– Set sidebars on any post or page. You can also specify for home, single, archive, category, search and error 404 pages.
- Backend theme options
– Great customization ability directly from the theme options panel without having to touch any code at all.
- Good SEO
– The markup is search engine optimized to allow the best possible result for your website.
- Straightforward code
– A WordPress theme code structure that is easy to work with. No layer upon layer with bloated code.
- Custom built widgets
– Includes widgets to display responsive video, tabbed content, post lists and other neat features.
- Custom logo upload
– Upload your own custom logo with a few simple clicks. No logo yet? Use the standard plain-text option.
- Custom page templates
– Page templates for things such as a childpage menus are included. The layout options are many.
- Cross-browser support
– Compatible with the latest versions of modern browsers – Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE8 or 9+.
- Localisation support
– Translate into any language you wish using the included .po/.mo files. Everything you need to get started
- OptionTree framework
– Fully integrated OptionTree, a fantastic theme options framework that is easy to work with. Created by Derek Herman.
- Full child theme support
– The theme has been built with child themes in mind. All functions and files are pluggable and easy to work with.